Big Smiles Dental is the nation’s largest mobile in-school dental program servicing nearly 500,000 children annually. Our mission is to improve oral health for children who may not regularly see a dentist while simultaneously making it easy and convenient for parents.
About our program:
• There is no charge to the district or schools.
• Most dental insurances, including Medicaid, cover 100 percent of the services that are provided.
• All children ages 1-18 years are eligible.
• Our teams are made up of caring, local licensed dentists and staff members.
• Dentists provide an examination, cleaning, fluoride, X-rays and sealants.
• Restorative services such as fillings and other minimally invasive procedures may be provided.
• We are OSHA and HIPAA compliant.
• We adhere to the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control and to Practical Infection Control for Dental Sealant Programs in a Portable Dental Care Environment.
• We complete all necessary paperwork for state-mandated required dental exams.
• We provide permission forms for every child.
• Each child receives an oral health report card to take home after the dental visit.
• A copy of the oral health report card is left with the school for each student’s file.
• Our patient Care Coordinators contact parents of students needing additional follow-up by either mail or phone
Read More »