Monrovia High School

Skip to main content
About Us » FAQ


Frequently Asked Questions

 Whom do I see if...  
I want to try out for a sport?    Watch the daily bulletin for tryout information, talk to the coach or Athletic Director regarding tryout dates, pick up an athletic packet, complete all information, and return it to the Athletic Director BEFORE TRYOUTS. 

  I feel sick and need to go home?    See the school nurse in the Health Office (in the main hallway next to the principal"s office). You must have a note from your teacher to go to the nurse. 

  I need tickets to a dance or event?    Tickets to all semi-formal and formal dances are available in our Student Store.  Class-sponsored dance tickets are usually sold in front of the Library or at the pep state. 

  I can't open my locker?    Report any locker problems to the Madison Center (next to Room 321). The custodian will rectify problems ASAP. 

  I lost a book or jacket or something?    Lost and found articles are turned in to the library. 

  I need a work permit?    Work permits are required by law for students under the age of 18. They are available through the College & Career Center 

  I need a parking permit?    Parking permits are available to Juniors and Seniors Only in the Activities and Operations Center. 

  I want to sign up for an AP exam    AP sign ups are in the Student Store. Check in advance for the costs associated with these exams. 

  I want to buy/replace an ASB or ID card?    The Student Store sells the ASB/ID cards. Student picture ID is required for all students and needed for dance admissions, SAT, PSAT, AP tests, etc. 

  I have a personal problem?    Counselors in your student Center can be a tremendous help to students who are having personal difficulties. 

  I need college information?    The counseling staff has college reference material and information.  What Will I Need...  To be successful in my academic classes?    Students should come prepared each day with pens/pencils, paper, folders, back pack, and in some cases a pocket dictionary, calculator, etc. It is also a great idea to have a nutritious breakfast and a positive attitude! 

  If I want to go to a class-sponsored dance?    You will need either a MHS ASB card or ID card to show at the door of the gym, identifying you as a a MHS student An ASB card will also save you $ on the purchase of your ticket. 

  To participate in my P.E. class?    All P.E. classes (boys and girls) wear a PE uniform. They may be purchased from the student store or students may wear appropriate gym attire (white tee shirt and green shorts) 

  On the first day of team try out?    You must have a completed athletic packet turned into the athletic directors or your coach and be cleared to be eligible to try out for any team. 

  To have for graduation?    All seniors will be provided a cap and gown to be used for graduation.  Student also have the option to purchase a keepsake cap and gown. Seniors and their parents are invited to college planning night where they will hear college speakers, etc. Watch for more graduation details in the daily bulletin. 

  If I want to see a counselor?    Students can fill out a Counselor Request form in their student center. They will then be called in as soon as possible.   

  If I want to go off campus for lunch?    Any student who goes off campus for lunch must have an ASB card or Student ID card with an "off-campus" sticker. Students should be ready to display ID upon request by school personnel.