MHS School News Article- August 2018
Monrovia High School, Home to Scholars and Champions, celebrates it’s 125th year of providing quality education for students in Monrovia. Founded in 1893, “Monrovia City School” originally located in another location ultimately found it’s home where it currently is in 1929. The school building served students from Monrovia, Arcadia and Duarte, commonly referred to as “MAD” until 1957 when the other two communities built their own school buildings. Since then, even though many upgrades have occurred on the campus the main building and façade of Monrovia High School has remained a historical hallmark and pride of the foothills. This year the MHS student body will join in celebrating 125 years of existence by making the commitment of “Living Life the Wildcat Way” in academics, athletics and the arts. MHS continues to honor the traditions shared by multiple generations while creating cutting edge and innovative programs that help students prepare for life after high school.