Attached is the 2018 Scholarship Application from the Pasadena Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. This year we will award seven scholarships to college-bound African American graduating high school seniors. Six of the awards are for $2,000 and one is a four-year award for $5,000 (dispersed at $1,250 per year for four years).
The application must be postmarked by or hand delivered by . Students can go to www.aka-elo.org and click on “Scholarship” to download the application and instructions. For your convenience, attached are the application, an explanation for you, and a flyer for you to display in prominent areas at your school. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for your support in this endeavor.
Platinum : This provides up to $6,000, payable over four years, to entering college freshmen attending four-year colleges and universities.
Gold : This provides up to $2,000, payable over four years, to either four-year college or university students or to community college students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution in the fall.
To be eligible to apply for a META, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be applying, accepted or enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education as a full-time undergraduate student pursuing an academic discipline.
2. Students enrolled in community or junior colleges are also eligible to apply provided they intend to enroll in and obtain a bachelor degree from a four-year accredited institution in Fall 2018.
3. Must have a 3.00 GPA and be in good academic standing.
4. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of Hispanic origin
5. Must be graduating (or have graduated) from a high school in Southern California
6. Must have financial need
7. Preference is given to students who have demonstrated leadership or mentoring qualities through their record of involvement and participation in activities in school or in their communities.
High school seniors that meets the criteria above, click here for the application.
Current college students, including community college students who will transfer to a four-year institution in Fall 2018, click here for the application.
Class of 2018 Schedule of Events
2/23 Cap/Gown late on site orders - last visit to school
*During Student Lunch in front of ASB Store*
4/18 Grad announcements/products delivery - During Student Lunch in front of ASB Store
4/21 Prom, Sherwood Country Club -
5/7 – 5/18 AP Exams - Locations TBD
5/16 Cap/Gown delivery
5/29, 5/30, 5/31 extra tickets sales – Student Store
5/31 Senior Check Out
5/31 Grad Night – Magic Mountain
6/4 & 6/5 Grad rehearsal – Wildcat Stadium
6/6 Breakfast – Monrovia Historical Museum
6/6 Graduation – Wildcat Stadium
6/7 Diploma distribution – Location TBD