ANY unvaccinated individuals identified as a close contact to a positive case shall be excluded from all MUSD sites, and instructed to leave or remain off site, seek MD guidance, quarantine according to LA County K-12 Quarantine Guidelines below:
LA County K-12 Quarantine Guidance (8/11/2021)
Unvaccinated STUDENTS who are close contacts of a person diagnosed with COVID-19 must quarantine:
- WITHOUT testing
- Stay home and separate yourself from others for 10 days
- Monitor your health for 14 days
- Follow the Health Officer Quarantine Order AND
- Testing recommended (unless you had a positive test in the last 90 days)
- The student must quarantine for 10 full days and can return on or after day 11.
- WITH testing
- Quarantine may end on day SEVEN if negative test collected after day SIX from last exposure and staff/student remains asymptomatic
- Must monitor health for 14 days and follow safety precautions
- Student may return on or after day 8.
If the student develops symptoms at any time while in quarantine, this will change the timeline for return to school.
You are considered fully vaccinated when:
- Two weeks or more have passed since you received your second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (PfizerBioNTech or Moderna); or
- Two weeks or more have passed since you received your dose of a single-dose vaccine (Johnson& Johnson/Janssen)
Fully vaccinated students who are close contacts to a positive case do not need to quarantine unless they become symptomatic
- If symptoms develop, fully vaccinated persons must begin quarantine and seek testing.
If any student regardless of vaccination status becomes symptomatic while at the school site or a student is notified of close contact while at the school site:
- Student quarantined in “sick room” until picked up by designated Person
- Student will be sent home to quarantine